|Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate professor of the General and Germanic Linguistics Department|
Valentyna Greshchuk was born on March 11th, 1965 in Ripne village, Rozhniativ district, Ivano-Frankivsk region. She graduated from Ivano-Frankivsk State Pedagogical Institute named after Vasyl Stefanyk, majoring in the Ukrainian language and literature (1986). After graduation, she worked as a teacher of Ukrainian language and literature, an assistant, a senior teacher, now she works as an associate professor of the Ukrainian language department (in 2012 was awarded the associate professor’s title). Since September 2014 Valentyna Greshchuk has been a head of the educational-scientific Institute of Ukrainian Studies at Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University.
Valentyna Greshchuk is an author of the monographs “Southwestern Dialects in the Ukrainian Artistic Language” (2010), “Dialect Word in Text and Dictionary” (Ivano-Frankivsk: City of NV, 2015. – 372 p.) (Co-authored with Vasyl Greshchuk), an author of collective monographs “Aktualne problemy Językoznawstwa słowiańskiego” (Siedlce. 2012 – 276 p.); “Tendencies in the Development of Ukrainian Vocabulary and Grammar” (Warsaw – Ivano-Frankivsk, 2015 – 484 p.), an author of a series of articles on Hutsul dialect in the language of Ukrainian fiction, textbook “Stylistics of the Ukrainian Language. A Short Glossary of Terms ”(2012). Valentyna Greshchuk is a co-author of the dictionary “Hutsul Dialectical Vocabulary and Phrasemics in Ukrainian Art Language” (Ivano-Frankivsk: City of NV, 2019. – Vol. 1 – 584 p.).
Research interests: the problems of Ukrainian dialectology, stylistics of the Ukrainian language, lexicography, onomastics and methods of teaching the Ukrainian language at schools and higher educational institutions.
- Stylistics of the Ukrainian language
- Methods of teaching the Ukrainian language at school
- Methods of teaching the Ukrainian language in higher education
- Methods of teaching the Ukrainian language and Ukrainian literature in educational institutions of different levels of accreditation
- Methods of teaching the Ukrainian language in higher education institutions
1. Hutsul dialect vocabulary and phrasemics in the Ukrainian artistic language. Dictionary: In 2 volumes / Editor-in-Chief Vasyl Hreshchuk. Ivano-Frankivsk: City of NV, 2019, vol.1, 584 (letters H, G). (in Ukrainian)
2. Greshchuk Valentina. Ukrainian studies. Ukraine-Ukrainians. Book 2. Kyiv, 2019, 527. (in Ukrainian)
3. Greshchuk Vasyl, Greshchuk Valentina. Hutsul linguistic picture of the world through the prism of the language of fiction. Trembita. Bulletin of the Precarpathian University. Philology. Vip. 46. Ivano-Frankivsk, 2019, 9–15. (in Ukrainian)
4. Greshchuk Valentina. Industrial educational pedagogical practice. Methodical recommendations for carrying out industrial educational pedagogical practice. Ivano-Frankivsk: Goliney Publishing House, 2020, 78. (in Ukrainian)
5.Greshchuk Vasyl, Greshchuk Valentina. Hutsul linguistic picture of the world through the prism of the Ukrainian artistic language // Native word in the ethnocultural dimension: coll. Science. works / Drohobych State Pedagogical University named after Ivan Franko. Drohobych: Posvit, 2020. (in press).
6. Greshchuk Vasyl, Greshchuk Valentina. Dictionary “Hutsul dialect vocabulary and phrasemics in the Ukrainian artistic language” as a source of study of regional idioms. Scientific Bulletin of Uzhhorod University. Series: Philology. In honor of Mr. Philol. Sciences, Prof. V.M. Mokienko, Honorary Chairman of the Commission on Slavic Phraseology at the International Committee of Slavists (to the 80th anniversary of his birth) / Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine; State. higher textbook institution “Uzhgorod. nat. University “, Philological Faculty; [Editor: M. Nomachi (editor in chief), N. Venzhynovych (chairman of the editorial board), G. Shumytska (editor in chief), etc.]. Uzhhorod: PE Danilo SI, 2020. Issue. 1 (43). (in press)
Shevchenko street, 57