Doctor of Philology, Professor, Head of General and Germanic Linguistics Department
Vitalii Ivanovych Kononenko – a full member (academician) of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine (elected on March 30, 1994), Doctor of Philology since 1977, Professor since 1979, Honoured Worker of Science and Education, Honorary Rector, Head of the General and German Linguistics Department of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University.
Since foundation of the National Academy of Pedagogical Sciences of Ukraine, he has been a member of the Presidium of the Academy, a participant of many international and all-Ukrainian conferences and seminars, and a member of academic authors’ collectives.
Vitalii Kononenko is a well-known scientist in the field of Ukrainian, Slavic and general linguistics, ethno-pedagogics and linguistics. He has made a significant contribution to the development of such burning problems as language and society, language and culture, language and ethnicity, language and literature. With his research, he has substantially enriched the theoretical foundations of the Ukrainian linguistics, has worked out the scientific principles of constructing textbooks and manuals on the Ukrainian language. Doctoral thesis topic: “System-semantic connections in syntax” (1977), head of a scientific school on problems of semantic syntax, founder of a new branch in the Ukrainian linguistics – linguoculturology. Researcher of the language of works of T. Shevchenko, M. Kotsiubynsky, Lesya Ukrainka, I. Franko, V. Stefanyk, contemporary writers of Ukraine, author of fundamental scientific works on comparative study of Slavic languages, speaker at nine International Congresses of Ukrainianists, two International Congresses of Slavists .
Author of more than 550 scientific works, more than 40 monographs, textbooks and manuals. Among them: “ Following the Ways of Folk Tales” (1994), “Symbols of the Ukrainian Language” (1996), “Vasyl Stefanyk – Artist of the Word””(1996), “Spiritual Values of the Ukrainian People” (1999), “The Ukrainian Language in Education” (2000), “My Hometown – the Precarpathian Region” (2000), “Native Word” (2001), “Language. Culture. Style” (2002), “Shevchenko. Franko. Stefanyk” (2002), “Concepts of the Ukrainian Discourse” (2004), “The Ukrainian Ethnopedagogics”(2006), “Ethnos. Socium. Culture” (2006), “Language in the Context of Culture” (2008), “The Ukrainian Linguoculturology” (2008), “Text and Meaning” (2012), “Symbols of the Ukrainian Language” (2013), “Text and Image” (2014), “Text and Word” (2017), “Linguopoetic Sketches” (2018), “The Ukrainian Priority”.
He is a co-author of fundamental academic publications: “Problems of Comparative Stylistics of East Slavic Languages” (1981), “The Ukrainian Language: Encyclopaedia” (1, 2, 3 ed.), ‘Philosophy of Education of the 21st Century: Problems and Prospects” (2000), “Development of Pedagogical and Psychological Sciences of Ukraine in 1992-2002” (2002), “Pedagogical and Psychological Sciences in Ukraine” (2002), “Pedagogy and Psychology of Higher Education” (2007), “Psychological and Pedagogical Foundations of Personality Development in Educational Space” ( 2008) and others. He has published a series of articles in scientific collections of universities in Poland, the Czech Republic, Bulgaria, and Germany.
Under his direction, 3 doctoral and 48 PhD theses have been prepared and defended. He is the head of a specialized academic board for PhD theses defense at Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University.
- Kononenko V. Pragmatics of artistic text: in search of a new style: a monograph. Kyiv – Ivano-Frankivsk, the Publishing House of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University, 2021. 385 p.
- Kononenko V. Lyrical and epic motives in the artistic discourse of Vasyl Stefanyk. Vasyl Stefanyk in research and memoirs; compiled by S. Khorob. Ivano-Frankivsk: City of NV, 2021. pp. 260-272 (0.8 pp.)
- Kononenko V. Image-making in the linguistic world of Valerii Shevchuk. Stefanyk CHYN: anthology; compiled by Y.M. Baran. Ivano-Frankivsk. the Publishing House of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University, 2021. pp. 73-79.
- Kononenko V. Idiostylistic Parametrs of Fictional Discourse. Journal of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University. Series of Social and Human Sciences. Vol. 7. No 2, 2020. P. 51-60.
- Kononenko V. Dialect element in Ukrainian literary texts. The Ukrainian language. NASU Institute of Ukrainian Language. 1 (77). 2021. pp. 116-121.
- Kononenko V.I., Greshchuk V.V. Ukrainian linguists: notes. Ivano-Frankivsk: Publishing House of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University, 2020. 138 p. (4.5 ps.).
- Kononenko V.I. Verbal symbolism in contemporary Ukrainian artistic discourse: linguocognitive dimension. Linguistic research. Kharkiv. KhSPI, 2019. Issue. 51. pp. 84-96 (0.7 ps.).
- Kononenko V.I. Pragmatics of associative epithet: modern poetic discourse. To the depths of the language essence: scientific works in honour of prof. Mykola Lesiuk. Ivano-Frankivsk: Publishing House of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University. 2020. (0.9 p.s.).
- Kononenko V.I. Language roles of the author and the character: assonances and dissonances. Ethnos and culture. Ivano-Frankivsk: Publishing House of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University. 2019- 2020. № 16-17. pp. 40-50. (0.8 ps.)
- Kononenko V.I. Political discourse in the linguopragmatic dimension. Ethnos and culture. Ivano-Frankivsk: Publishing House of Vasyl Stefanyk Precarpathian National University. 2019-2020. № 16-17. pp. 130-135 (0.3 ps.).
- Kononenko V.I. Christian values in the linguistic and aesthetic reception. Studia Ukrainika Varsoviensia. 7. Wyd-wa Universyteta Warszawski, Warszawa, 2020. S.120-135 (0,7 p.s).
- Kononenko V. In the imaginary world: linguopoetic analysis of Nikolai Gumilev’s poem “Poisoned”. Znaki czy nie znaki?, red. J. Piątkowska, G. Zeldowicz. Wyd-wa Uniwersyteta Warszawskiego. Warszawa, 2020. S. 219-231 (0,8 p.s.).
Shevchenko street, 57
Прикарпатський національний університет імені Василя Стефаника